Shaelene’s Tax Tip of the Week – April 17th

Books In Line

Did you know?

If you’re self-employed and use your car to earn business income, you may be able to claim vehicle related expenses like gas, insurance, licensing and registration fees, maintenance and repairs, leasing costs and interest on money borrowed to purchase a car.

If the car is also your personal vehicle, you may only write off the portion used for business purposes. To calculate this, you must keep a logbook detailing all your business trips, including  the mileage, date and purpose of the trip. Make sure to document all other expenses and keep receipts organized in one place so you’re prepared if you get audited.

Have questions?

Give us a call at 905-571-2665 (BOOK)!

We’ve got you covered!

Tax tip found here.