Shaelene’s Tax Tip of the Week – July 10

Have childcare expenses? You can claim amounts paid to daycare centres, caregivers, day camps, and boarding schools. The amount you can claim is up to 2/3 of your earned income or the actual amount you paid for childcare – whichever is lower. The maximum claim per year is $8,000 per child under 7, and $5,000 per other eligible child. 

Have questions? Give us a call at 905-571-2665.